EU Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI)
The Programme for Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) is a financing instrument at EU level to promote a high level of quality and sustainable employment, guaranteeing adequate and decent social protection, combating social exclusion and poverty and improving working conditions.
EaSI is managed directly by the European Commission. It brings together three EU programmes managed separately between 2007 and 2013: PROGRESS, EURES AND Progress Microfinance.
As of January 2014, these programmes form the three axes of EaSI. They support:
- the modernisation of employment and social policies with the PROGRESS Axis (61% of the total budget);
- job mobility with the EURES Axis (18% of the total budget);
- access to micro-finance and social entrepreneurship with the Microfinance and Social Entrepreneurship Axis (21% of the total budget).
The total budget for 2014-2020 is EUR 919,469,000 in 2013 prices.
The PROGRESS Axis of EaSI
The PROGRESS axis of EaSI helps the EU and its countries to improve policies in three thematic sections:
- employment, in particular to fight youth unemployment;
- social protection, social inclusion and the reduction and prevention of poverty;
- working conditions.