There are opportunities for internships with LDnet for people with studies or interests related to local development. We have offered such internships, jointly with other Brussels-based organisations, in the last two years with students from French and German universities. We expect to be able to offer one or two internships in 2019.
We follow a flexible format and an internship can be arranged within the following indicative parameters:
- The internship is organised in partnership with a Brussels-based organisation (e.g. FARNET in 2017, AEIDL in 2018) and is hosted in our partner’s offices.
- The activities undertaken by the intern are a balance of practical work (e.g. organising events, updating/expanding website content) and research work (e.g. web-based literature searches, compilation of information, writing short papers).
- The qualification level of the intern can vary but, in view of the nature of the activities the internship, it will probably be most satisfactory to someone studying for a Master’s degree or a recent graduate.
- The duration is normally around 3 months, but longer assignments are also possible.
- The working language is normally English.
- The intern is responsible for making practical arrangements, including housing and travel.
- The financial support we and our partner can offer normally covers part of the total costs, and can take the form of a top-up of an Erasmus+ grant.
- People interested in such an internship can send their CV with a covering message to Haris Martinos (haris_martinos at hotmail.com) who will aim to arrange a Skype discussion with an LDnet board member.
People interested in such an internship can send their CV with a covering message to Haris Martinos (haris_martinos at hotmail.com) who will aim to arrange a Skype discussion with an LDnet board member.
We’ll be happy to discuss all aspects of a potential interneship, including timing and duration and the main topics of the activities to be undertaken.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.