IRE # 1 is the first of a series of experiences realized through a new ISOCARP tool for meeting and exchange ideas between professionals in urban planning. A symposium among experts that aims to bring global issues closer to specific macro-regional contexts: The IRE combines global considerations with the local context, associating “macro” reflections, policies and strategies, with the implementation context and practices (plans and tools): The needs of the “micro”.
This first IRE experience will take place in Vienna from 7 to 10 September 2021. The event will be in person, unless there are impediments related to the pandemic. In every case, the event will be broadcast online as well. It will be realized in a hybrid form in order to facilitate the participation of those that cannot travel to Vienna.
Registration and submission of abstract by 19/07/2021!
The three topics that will be addressed in the symposium are:
- Designing and planning the post-pandemic city.
- Nature Based Solutions as a way to shape a sustainable future for our cities.
- Culture and Cultural Heritage can make the difference in the transition towards the “New Normal”.
- Daniela Patti: Open Heritage for community-led local development
- Pietro Verga: Local Alliances in The Post-Pandemic City: New Behaviors and Technologies Towards a Better Air Quality for All